Kascade Baths And Basins
At Lifespaces Group, we pride ourselves on creating luxury homes fitted with carefully-considered fixtures, fittings and features. Accordingly, we're delighted to include stunning Kascade baths and basins. Made of fine limestone, Kaskade freestanding baths are sleek, beautiful and guarantee a lavish soaking experience!
Like all of our supply partners, Kaskade is unique, offers superior quality and emphasises craftsmanship.
The Kascade production process is comprehensive, and quite fascinating to learn about. Here's an overview of each step of the process.
THE KASCADE PRODUCTION PROCESS
1. Grading Raw Materials: KASKADE baths are crafted in part from limestone, which is first processed to remove any impurities. A fine mesh, along with extremely powerful magnets, is used to remove any contaminants, leaving only the highest grade of limestone.
2. Mixing: The next step is to blend the limestone with a high-grade resin compound to create the patented KASKADE material. This mixture is then subjected to a high vacuum environment, which removes any unwanted air bubbles.
3. Catalyst/Casting: Once out of the vacuum, a catalyst is added to the mixture to begin the hardening process before it is poured into a closed mould. A temperature-controlled environment allows the mixture to cure before the top half of the mould is removed mechanically. The bath is now in the Green State, ready for post curing.
4. Waste and Overflow: At this point the bath is removed from the mould so that the waste and overflow outlets can be drilled using diamond tipped hole saws.
5. Post Curing: With the bottom half of the mould still attached to the bath to prevent any twisting or warping during the process, the bath is hung by the rim and passed through a tunnel oven for three hours. The heat from the oven fully hardens the limestone and resin mixture to the shape of the mould ready for its final stages of preparation.
6. Quality Assurance Procedures: In the penultimate stage, the surface is inspected for defects and the bath is thoroughly tested to ensure there is uniform thickness throughout.
7. Polishing: Following the Quality Assurance inspection, each bath is cleaned and polished to an extremely high standard.