The Double Court House
DOUBLE COURT HOUSE BY AUHAUS ARCHITECTURE
The Double Court House designed by Auhaus Architecture is tailored to meet the demands of the modern Australian family.
Its expansive footprint is intended for a bigger block, with the house arranged around two large, open courtyards. These courtyards centre the living spaces, whilst also providing a garden outlook to all the rooms.
Natural light and breezes permeate the interior of the house which is accentuated by 3.5m ceilings throughout the main living zone.
The single story layout is designed to complement the surrounding landscape. The low slung building form is clad in black stained timber. This natural material has been selected because of its beautiful ageing properties, as well as its durability. The vertical wooden cladding is earthen in its colours and textures, facilitating a visual continuity between the striking form of the house and its natural surrounds. The french oak flooring within the house is in keeping with its natural facade.
With two palatial living rooms, The Double Court House caters for rest and relaxation alongside the demands of study and concentration. The enclosed living room is conducive to muffling noise, making it an ideal hang out for kids. The principle living room is featured alongside an open plan modern kitchen and dining area. This layout recognises the unique relationship between food and social interaction, and is intended to create an all inclusive, communal environment. The premium Swiss appliances installed within the kitchen will enhance all levels of culinary ability!
Residents of the Double Court House will never suffer from a shortage of space. Three bathrooms are included in the design, as well as extensive storage and joinery throughout the house. Respite from the winter cold or the summer heat will always be accessible, thanks to concealed ducted hydronic heating, refrigerated cooling and thermostat controlled zones.
- Oversized Double Garage with attached Storage
- Soaring 3.5m feature ceilings
- Open-plan, modern Kitchen, Living & Dining
- Premium Swiss appliances from Vzug
- Spanish DEKTON Ultracompact surfaces throughout
- Natural French Oak flooring
- Airsmart 700 concealed ducted hydronic heating with refrigerated cooling
- SmartZone NEST thermostat controlled zones
- Separate 2nd Living room
- Master with walk in Dressing Room & Ensuite
- Freestanding limestone bath to both Ensuite & Bathroom
- Oversized Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4 with extensive BIR's
- Extensive double glazing throughout
- Formal Guest Powder room
- Large Laundry with external access
- Study with feature bookshelf
- Extensive storage and joinery throughout